3/4 kg/ 1.5 lb chicken
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
few curry leaves
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tbs oil
clean and cut the chicken and apply turmeric powder over it.
slice the onion
A. To dry roast and grind:
1/2 tsp kasa kasa / poppy seed
1 tsp sombu / fennel seed
Roast the above ingredients in a pan and grind it to fine powder.
B. To grind:
1/2 cup shredded coconut
*10 - 12 green chillies
* add or reduce green chillies according to individual preference.
Add some water and grind the above ingredients to a fine paste.
1. Fry the onions in oil till it becomes soft and brown. Reduce the heat and add the curry leaves, ginger and garlic paste and fry for few mins, add the ground spices (A).
2. Now add the chicken and stir fry till the spices are well coated over the chicken.
3. Add the coconut paste (B) and salt, add water as needed. Lower the heat to sim, cover the pan and cook till the chicken is fully cooked and the raw smell no longer remain.
4. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and garnish it with mint or coriander leaves.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. If you try this recipe, please comment on it. I like to hear how it came out.
This will be tasty side dish for aapam, string hoppers (iddyappam),
iddly and dosa.