This is a simple recipe which i tried and it came out well. It is so versatile, it can be used as a dip for chips, vada or as a spread for crackers and bread.
a. wash the cucumber and peel it.
b. then slice it length wise and remove all the seeds.
c. dry it in a towel and cut it into small cubes.
1cup cubed cucumber
3-4 red chilli
1tsp urud dal/garbanzo beans
1/4 tsp tamarind pulp/lemon juice
few curry leaves
add or reduce red chilli according to preference.
1. Heat oil in a pan,add urud dal when it turns into a golden shade, add red chillies and stir it till it becomes crispy.
2. Now add the curry leaves, coconut and the cucumber pieces. Fry for a few more minutes.
3. Add the tamarind pulp/lemon juice.
4. Add salt to taste.
5. Grind it in a blender/mixer.
6. Transfer it into a bowl.
Tips for taste:
1. If using canned garbanzo beans dry it before using.
2. To make it as a dip or a spread add cream cheese to it.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. If you try this recipe, please comment on it. I like to hear how it came out.