1/2 cup sugar (reduce or increase the amount according to your taste)
1. Heat oil + ghee in a pan, roast cashew. When it turns golden brown, add raisins, fry till it becomes plump.
2. Now add rava to the same pan and stir it nicely in the remaining oil on med/high, till it gives out a nice roasted aroma, lower the temperature and stir it for another 2-3 mins ( don't let it burn),
remove the roasted rava from pan.
3. Pour milk + water to the same pan and heat it (med/high), add cardamom powder, saffron and/or orange color, sugar and stir till the sugar dissolve.
4. When the liquid starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium and add the roasted rava (a little at a time) & stir the mix in circular motion simultaneously.
5. When the liquid gets evaporated, switch off the heat and add another tsp of oil/ ghee, raisins and nuts. Stir it well.
*Heat it before serving