I made naan in the shape of a bowl. I love bread bowls with hot chilli or chowder. I fill the naan bowls with vegetarian and non-vegetarian stews i make.
2 cups all purpose flour/ maida
1 tbs wheat flour
3/4 tsp yeast
2 tsp yogurt/ curd
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbs oil
1 tbs melted butter/ ghee
1/2 tsp salt
|Cute & yummy bowls|
1. Mix yeast with water and sugar, let it stand for 10 mins/ until frothy.
2. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients with the yeast mix, except melted butter.
3. Knead it for 6- 8 mins or till the dough becomes soft and pliable.
4. Make it into a ball and keep it in a bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap or damp kitchen towel, set it aside for at least 1 hr.
5. Knead the dough again for few minutes, turn the dough on a floured surface and divide it into lemon sized balls.
6. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for another 10 minutes.
7. Pre heat the oven to 350*. Roll the dough balls into 1/2 -1/4 inch discs.
8. Make sure the outer side (circumference) of the disc is smooth.
9. Take 6 - 10 oven safe bowls and place it upside down on a baking tray. Slightly coat the bottom of the bowl with oil.
10. If using cupcake pan, turn it over and brush oil slightly to the mold.
11. Place the discs over the upturned bowls/ cup cake pan. Gently pat the dough disk, on the top and around the side of the bowl or the upside down cupcake pan.
11. Fill the bread bowls with your favorite soup or stew and serve.