8oz/230 gms paneer
1/2 cup your fav. chutney/condiment
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tsp chilli pwdr
1/4 tsp turmeric pwdr
1 tsp chat/garam masala
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 pinch salt
1. Cut paneer in about 2" slices, mix turmeric, salt, lemon juice, chat/garam masala.
2. Marinate he paneer cubes in the lemon mixture for 1-3 hrs.
3. Slit a side of a paner slice with a knife (don't slice it through, it should be like an envelope to fill the chutney) push small amount of your fav.chutney inside the slit.
4. Heat a flat pan, add few spoons of oil, mix chilli pwdr with bread
5. Roll the paneer slices over bread crumbs, press crumbs to it's sides, carefully place the paneer slices on the hot pan. Turn it when it gets brown, repeat the process with the remaining paneer cubes.
6. Transfer it to a serving plate and serve with pudina/ mint chutney or ketchup.
To make your own bread crumbs:
Toast 2 slices of bread in a pan/toaster, till it becomes brown and crispy, let it cool. Crush it and process in a blender/mixer to get an evenly textured (coarse) crumbs. You can add your fav. seasoning to it too.