Wednesday, January 29, 2014
This veggie tasted so crispy, like pakoras, but it's not dipped in a wet batter or deep fried like pakoras. I used spiced, garlicky bread crumbs, broccoli and almonds.
25 almonds/ fav.nuts (sliced)
3 tbs oil
1.50 lb/ 680 gms broccoli (trim & cut into 2-3' florets)
2 cups bread crumbs
1 tsp cumin seed/ jeera
3 tsp chilli pwdr
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
1. Rinse, trim and cut broccoli into 2-3' florets. Pulse cumin seed and garlic in a mixer/blender. Mix garlic, chilli powder,salt and bread crumbs.
2. Add wet broccoli florets to b.crumb mixture, toss to coat, push bread crumbs between stem gaps.
3. Heat 2 tbs of oil in a non stick pan (med/high) and toast almonds. Remove almonds when it starts to change color. Add crumb coated broccoli to pan, stir it in oil.
4. Cover the pan, reduce heat and let it cook for 5 - 8 mins, till it becomes crisp and tender.
5. Remove the lid, add 1 tbs oil, toasted almonds and increase heat, stir occasionally until it becomes golden brown and crispy.
6. Remove from heat, transfer to a serving plate.