|Beetroot leaves poriyal|
- 2 bunch beetroot leaves
- 1 med- onion
- 1 green chili
- 1 tbs shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp urud dal
1. Wash and finely chop the beet leaves and its tender stalks, chop onion and green chillies.
2. Heat oil in the pan. Add mustard seed and urud dal, after mustard seed splutters, add green chillies and onion.
3. When the onion turns soft and brown, add the chopped greens, chilli powder and salt. Stir it well.
4. Reduce the heat, cover the pan and cook till the greens are soft and dry, now add the shredded coconut and stir for few minutes.
5. Transfer it to a serving dish.