|ginger chutney, pesarattu and upma...|
mung bean is also called: moong dal, pesara, moog dal, mash, paasi payir
How to make pesarattu:
2 cup mung bean/ moong dhal/ paasi payir
1/2 cup rice/ raw rice
4 indian green chilli
1/2 cup chopped coriander/ cilantro leaves
1. Wash and soak the mung bean and rice in water for at least 6 hrs.
2. Wash the soaked grains one more time, add little water and grind it with cilantro, ginger and green chillies to a smooth batter in a blender or mixer.
3. Add salt to the batter. Heat the dosa tawa or a flat round (pancake) pan, apply oil to it's surface,
4. Pour 2 ladle of moong dal batter and spread it around thinly with the back of the spoon, add 2 tsp of oil around the dosa.
5. Cook till the dosa gets crispy and brown on the pan side (at this stage the dosa should come off easily from the pan), flip the dosa and cook for a few min's.
6. Remove it from the pan, continue the process with the remaining batter.
7. Serve it immediately with ginger chutney/ allam pachidi.
Tips for taste:
1. Serve pesarattu immediately after cooking with chutney, it tastes better when it's hot and crispy.
2. To make MLA pesarattu, cook Upma and Ginger Chutney / Alam Pachadi chutney before hand and make the pesarattu just before serving.