|Kadala curry with Puttu|
|Channa curry/ Kadala curry|
1 cup garbanzo/ channa
2 green chilli
1/2 tsp fennel/ saunf/ sombu seeds
2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp ginger & garlic paste
1/2 tsp curry powder/ chicken masala pwdr
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
few curry leaves
few cilantro/ coriander leaves strands
1/4 cup coconut
1 tbs oil
salt to taste
1. Chop and slice the tomato and onion, slit the green chillies length wise.
2. Grind the shredded coconut in a blender/ mixer with the fennel seeds and 2- 6 tbs of warm water, to a fine paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds, when it splutters add the onion and green chillies and cook till the onion turn soft and brown.
4. Lower the heat and add the curry leaves and ginger garlic paste. Stir for few mins. Add the curry powder and chilli powder, stir it well in the oil.
5. Increase the heat a little and add the chopped tomato and cook till it becomes soft and well blended into the masala.
6. Add the channa/ garbanzo and the ground coconut paste, stir it well, mash few channa with the back of the spoon. Add 2 cups of water and check for salt.
7. Lower the heat to sim, and cook till it's becomes a thick gravy and oil seeps from the sides.
8. Tranfer it to a serving dish and garnish with cilantro leaves.
|Ready to eat!!!|