In this recipe, the cutlet is pan fried and i layered the minced meat and bell pepper with a bread slice and mashed potato.
We can recycle stale bread, leftover vegetables or meat into savory cutlets/ croquettes. Use mixed vegetables instead of meat for a fresh vegetarian tikki or make it a kid's menu by, filling the bread with pizza toppings or mac and cheese.
|Ground meat sandwich/ croquette|
6- 8 slices bread
1 cup mashed potato
1/2 tsp butter (optional)
1 capsicum/ bell pepper (finely chopped)
1 cup minced/ ground meat
1 tsp garam masala/ curry powder
1 chopped green chilli (optional)
1 tsp chilli powder
1/6 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
4 tbs oil
1. Combine the meat, garam masala/ curry powder, salt and chilli powder together. In a separate bowl, mix the mashed potato with ground pepper, salt and butter.
2. Heat 1/2 tbs of oil in a pan, add the capsicum, salt and green chilli and fry till it becomes soft, remove it from the pan and keep it aside.
3. Heat 1/2 tbs of oil in the same pan and stir fry and brown the meat, reduce the heat and add 2-3 tsp of water to it. Cover the pan and cook, till it's done and the meat mixture becomes dry.
4. Remove the crusts off the bread and uniformly flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin..
5. Place a slice of bread on a cutting board, spread 1/2 tbs of mashed potato evenly, in the middle of the bread slice.
6. Put a tsp of meat and another tsp of capsicum mixture over the potato.
7. Wet the edges of the bread slightly, fold the bread and press it together with the stem of a spoon, press and seal all the three
8. For a fancy look, use a fork and press the edges together.
9. Slightly flatten the top of the bread by pressing it softly with a spoon or fork.
10. Heat oil in a flat pan/ electric skillet and fry the stuffed bread slices. Flip it and cook, till both sides becomes golden brown.
11. Remove from heat and transfer it to a serving plate and serve it warm, with tomato ketchup.
Feel free to comment. I love your feedback. Enjoy ur cooking! Have a blessed day :)