2 cups rind - cubed
2 tsp red chili
2 tsp urud dal or 10 cooked/ canned garbanzo beans
1 tsp lemon juice/tamarind paste
10 cilantro (coriander leaves)
1clove garlic (optional)
Salt to taste
1 tbs oil
1. Dry the garbanzo beans in a towel.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add red chili and garlic, fry it till it's crispy.
3. Add garbanzo beans/urud dal, stir it well.
4. Now add the watermelon rind and fry for few mins.
5. Add the chopped cilantro and stir, till it becomes wilted.
6. Add the chopped tomato and cook until it's well blended.
7. Add lemon juice/tamarind paste and cook till it becomes dry, add salt.
8. Grind the mixture in a blender/mixer.
9. Transfer it into a bowl.
*We can get Urud dal(black lentil) and tamarind paste in any Indian grocery store.
*This pairs well with iddly, dosa, chappathi/flat bread or as a dip for pita chips. This is a vegan dish
Thanks for visiting this page. If you try any of my recipe, feel free to comment. I love your feedback. Enjoy ur cooking! Hav a blessed day :)