|berry compote with goat cheese cream|
2 cups milk
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tbs cornstarch
1/2 cup fresh goat cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups fresh blueberry
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tbs granulated sugar
fresh mint or basil leaves for serving
To make goat cheese cream:
1. Pour the milk into a large saucepan and heat over high/med setting.
2. Whisk together the yolks, sugar, salt and cornstarch in a separate bowl until evenly mixed.
3. When the mix is hot, gradually pour the yolk mixture whisking constantly, until its smooth.
4. Pour the mixture back into the pan and cook whisking constantly, until it boils and thickens.
5. Turn off the heat and crumble in goat cheese.
6. Let sit for a minute to soften the cheese, then whisk well until it's smooth.
7. Whisk in the vanilla and set aside.
To make compote:
1. In a saucepan in medium/high heat add the berries,lemon juice and sugar.
2. Cook until berries start to pop and juice thickens(about 5 mins).
3. Ladle the goat cheese cream into serving dishes then top a spoonful of compote.
4. Chill and serve cold.garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. If you try this recipe, please comment on it. I like to hear how it came out.