|Pizza style fruit salad.|
1 *1" thick slice of a water melon
8-10 straw berries-sliced
few whole blue berries
6 tsp *blue berry compote
3 tsp powdered sugar
* slice a watermelon horizontally into equal sized pieces.
* blue berry compote recipe is in the end of this post.
|Berry melon pizza!|
1. Spread the blueberry compote over the melon slice evenly.
2. Cut it around the corner, between the fruit and the rind.
3. Cut the slice into equal parts.
4. Arrange the strawberries and blue berries on each slices uniformly.
5. Sprinkle the powdered sugar before serving.
Berry compote can be substituted with any other jams or flavored yogurts with fruit pieces in it.
*Blue berry compote:
2 cups fresh blueberry
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tbs granulated sugar
1. In a saucepan in medium/high heat add the berries, lemon juice and sugar.
2. Cook until berries start to pop and juice thickens (about 5 mins).
|Cut 2" thick round slice...|
|Spread the blue berry compote evenly...|
|cut around the corner of the water melon..|