Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Paneer/goat cheese and bell pepper Grilled Sandwich
Our good friend and neighbor gave 2 nice loaves of bread and some red capsicums, i made this veg.sandwich based on a sandwich we had in a coffee shop, that had grilled capsicum/bell pepper, grilled cheese, chicken and pesto in it. I used mint spread, grilled capsicum and grilled paneer/ goat cheese.
1 loaf bread
4 ounce paneer
1 medium onion
2 green chilli
1/2 bunch mint leaves
1 tsp oil
1 big red bell pepper
1/4 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
Chop the onion and green chilli pepper
1. Heat oil in a pan and saute onion, green chilli and mint-till the raw smell no longer remain.
2. Grind it into a fine paste.
3. Add salt and lemon juice and keep it aside.
1. Quarter the red bell pepper, take off the seeds and rub oil on both sides.
2. Heat a non stick pan (med/high), place the red pepper pieces on it, turn it over after it gets brown (or grill it wrapped in a foil)
3. Remove it from the pan when it gets soft yet firm.
4. Remove the peel and keep it aside.
5. Cut the bread into half, spread half the mint chutney to the cut side of the bread.
6. Toast both half of the bread in a pan or in an oven.
7. Cut the paneer/ goat cheese into 4 slices,
8. Place the paneer slices on the bread slice and grill it till the paneer becomes soft.
fix the sandwich:
10. Arrange the grilled bell peppers over the bread spread it with the mint chutney, place the grilled cheese over it, spread the remaining mint chutney over paneer/ cheese. We can add cream cheese to the mint spread.
11. Cut the sandwich into 4 equal parts.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. If you try this recipe, please comment on it. I like to hear how it came out.