|Thakkali kootu/tamatar subzi|
1 onion (big)chopped.
2 med tomatoes.
3-4 slit green chillies
1tsp chili powder .
1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
2 tbs water.
2 tbs oil.
1/4 tsp mustard seeds.
1/4 urud dal.
1tsp lemon juice/tamarind
salt to taste.
few sprigs coriander leaves.
few curry leaves.
1. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add mustard seeds and urud dal after the seeds splutter add the onion, curry leaves and green chillies.
2. In low/medium heat fry the onion till it becomes nice golden brown in color.
3. Add chili powder, turmeric powder and salt.
4. Cook till the masala powder combines well with the oil and the onion.
5. Add the tomatoes and fry for few min's, add few spoons of water, lower the stove's heat and cover the pan for few minutes.
6. After the tomato gets cooked and the oil starts coming out, stir it and check for salt.
7. Add lemon juice/tamarind paste.
8. Garnish with cilantro/coriander leaves.
Tips for taste:
If the seeds of the green chilis are removed it'll get milder.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. If you try this recipe, please comment on it. I like to hear how it came out.