Fool proof method for a good batter in cold weather: One day i made the batter in the morning ( kept it in an airtight plastic container) and placed it near the stove and cooked for the day. The next day i was so surprised to see the brimming batter with that familiar soft sour smell :) Now i'm doing the same routine: make the batter, keep it near my cooking space before i start to cook, enjoy a nice breakfast the next morning.
2 cups rava
2 cups rice
1 cup urud dal
1/2 tsp fenugreek/ methi seed
1. Soak rava in water for 4 hrs.
2. Wash the rice and soak it in water for 4 hrs.
3. Wash the urud dal and soak in water along with *fenugreek seeds for 4 hrs.
4. Put the soaked rava with little water in the grinder and grind till in becomes smooth-10 mins. Take out the batter.
5. Wash the rice one more time, add some water with rice and grind till it's smooth-take the rice batter in between the fingers: it's texture should be between nice rava paste and cake batter.
*fenugreek should be added only with the urud dal.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. If you try this recipe, please comment on it. I like to hear how it came out.
Some recipes for rava batter:
1. Sweet Rava Iddly-Inipu Iddly
2. Sweet Rava Dosai-Inipu dosai
3. Spicy Paniyaram- Kara Paniyaram