Translate

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Coconut aval/sweet coconut poha

I love this easy and instant sweet dish any time of the day.
poha
Sweet coconut aval
1 cup   aval/ poha         
1/4 cup water / coconut milk
2 tbs     grated coconut
tbs      sugar
Salt       to taste

Method:

1. Add water /coconut milk to the dry poha.
2. Mix it nicely with hand, it'll absorb water and swell within minutes.
3. Add coconut and sugar.
Tips for taste:
I used white thin poha in this recipe. Thick poha needs more water. Soaking it in warm milk will make it so soft and tasty.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. If you try this recipe, please comment on it. I like to hear how it came out.
                                    ENJOY :) 

1 comment:

Vasanth G.Benjamin said...

Hi Neela,

I was always fond of cooking and back in Canada, I started cooking out of necessity and now its become like a big thing for me... I have specially become too good when it comes to fish and seafood stuff. So my family really comes drooling for it.

This coconut aval was a crazy delicacy when I was a little one in Chennai, and even though it was easy to make, I never took the time. But today am seeing your page and am gonna try it out. let's see how it comes out.

Thanks for a lovely page and do pass on your email id too.

Cheers
Vasanth