Flavorful and moist bread with cardamom tea!!!
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 bananas (mashed)
1/3 cup candied orange and citrus peel
2 tbs chopped nuts
1/4 cup dried cranberries
6 tbs orange juice
2/3 cup oil
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
1 tsp butter (for greasing)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tbs grated orange rind
1. Preheat the oven to 350 *f. Grease a 9*5inch/ 2 lb loaf pan with the butter and line the base with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Stir in the sugar, bananas, chopped candied peel, nuts and cranberries .
3. In a separate bowl, blend together the orange juice, eggs and oil. Combine this with the banana mixture and mix it well. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and level the surface.
4. Bake it in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until a tooth pick inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean. Keep the loaf on a wire rack and let it cool
5. Mix the powdered sugar with 1/4 cup of water and drizzle it over the loaf. Sprinkle orange rind over the top. Let the frosting set before serving the loaf in slices.
Tips for taste:
Quick breads tastes better the next day.
|combined dry ingredients...|
|Greased and lined 9x5 inch loaf pan|
|golden loaf, ready for frosting....|
|frosted bread, sprinkled with grated orange rind.|