In this recipe, pear slices are coated in a brown sugar blend, wrapped in puff pastry and served with caramel sauce or chocolate sauce and toasted nuts. Serve it warm.
|pear in blanket!|
1 puff pastry sheet
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tbs all purpose flour
1/4 tsp powdered cinnamon
1/4 tsp powdered nutmeg
1 tbs toasted pecan pieces
4 tsp caramel sauce
2 tbs powdered sugar
|with caramel sauce...|
1. Thaw the pastry sheet as per the package instruction, pre- heat oven to 350* f.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together with butter to a crumbly mix.
3. Peel and slice the pear into 6 equal slices.
3. Cut 6 disks from the thawed pastry sheet and keep it aside.
4. Coat the pear slices with the brown sugar mixture and place it on the cut pastry disks, sprinkle any remaining crumble over the pears.
5. Pull two sides of the pastry disk over the pear slice and press it together on the top, continue with all the pieces.
6. Bake it in the oven for 12- 15 mins or till the pastry is puffed to a nice golden brown. Sprinkle the powdered sugar over the puffs and drizzle it with caramel or chocolate sauce, serve it warm.
|cut discs from the pastry sheet...|
|brown sugar coated pear slice...|
|Pull two sides of the pastry disk over the pear slice and press it together on the top|
|caramelized pear in a warm crispy puff....|