1. Cook moong dal in 3 cups of water. When the water starts to boil add 1/4 tsp salt, 2 tsp oil and cook until soft, keep it aside
2. Trim the ends of broccolette and cut it into 2" pieces. Chop onion and tomato.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seed. When it starts to splutter add curry leaves, onion and fry till it becomes golden brown, reduce the heat.
4. Add chilli pwd, sambar pwd and tomatoes. Fry tomatoes till the masala becomes dry, add broccolette and let it cook till soft yet firm. Add the cooked mung dal and check for salt.
5. Remove the dal mixture from heat. Transfer it to a serving dish and garnish with chopped cilantro/ coriander leaves.