|Eraal kheema / spicy minced shrimp|
1 lb/ 1/2 kg shrimp / prawn
1 onion or 20 - 25 small onions/ shallots/sambar vengayam
4 - 6 green chillies
1/4 tsp sombu / fennel seed
2 clove garlic
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
few sprigs coriander / cilantro leaves
2 tsp channa flour / kadalai maavu or corn starch
2 tbs oil
salt to taste
1. Mince onion, garlic and green chilli and keep it aside,
2. Clean the shrimp/prawn and cut into small pieces, mix the chopped shrimp with channa flour and garam masala.
3. Heat the oil in a pan, add the fennel seed and fry for few minutes add onion and green chilli.
4. When the onion becomes soft and brown, add garlic and fry.
6. Reduce the heat and add the shrimp/ iraal mix, stir fry and cook till the shrimp is well cooked and the raw smell no longer remains.