I'm really excited to make this dish, My north indian friend used to make this dish whenever we visit them. She's an excellent cook :) Now we moved to another state and i miss her and her bhaturas.
|Yummmy! Chole Bhatura|
2 black tea bags
salt to taste
1. Soak the chick peas in water for 6 hrs or overnight, rinse it and cook it with salt and the tea bags.
|Cook channa with tea bags|
Step two - Roast grind and fry the spices
1. 2 black cardamoms
3. 1/4 tsp cumin seeds / jeeragam
5. 1/2 inch cinnamon
6. few piece mace
7. 1 star anise
8. 1 tsp mango / amchur powder
9. 1 tsp coriander powder
10. 2 tsp chilli powder
11. 1 tbs oil
|Roast and grind the 7 spices...|
|Ground spices with chilli powder|
|fry it in oil...|
3. Add 1 tbs of oil in a pan and stir in the combined spices and cook in low heat for few minutes. Remove from stove and keep it aside.
Step three - Onion and chilli masala
|onion and tomato...|
3-5 green chillies
1 med tomato - chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbs oil
1. Heat oil in a pan, fry the onions and green chillies till the onion turnes soft golden brown,
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for few minutes, add the tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes are soft.
Step four - Grind chana and onion
1. Take 3 tbs of the cooked channa and the cooked onion mixture and grind it to a fine paste.
Step five - Chole
|combine ground chana...|
|Let it simmer....|
3. Cover the pan and reduce the heat and let it simmer till the oil separates and the raw smell no longer remains.
Step six - to garnish
|garnish with onion and coriander leaves|
few sprigs finely chopped
1 lemon cut into wedges
Transfer the chole to a serving bowl and garnish with onion, coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
Tips for taste: Enjoy it with baturas and poories.
Baturas must be eaten hot and cannot be reheated.
15 gms / 1/2 oz fresh yeast
5 ml / 1 tsp granulated sugar
120 ml / 1/2 cup warm water
200 g / 2 cups all purpose flour / maida
50 gm / 1/2 cup semolina / rava
2.5 ml / 1/2 tsp salt
15 gm / 1 tbs ghee or butter
30 ml / 2 tbs plain yogurt / curd
oil for frying
1. Mix the yeast with the sugar and water in a bowl.
|mix yeast and sugar in warm water|
3. Add the yeast mixture and yogurt to the dough, mix well. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 mins until smooth and elastic.
|roll out the dough....|
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. If you try this recipe, feel free to comment, i love your feedback. Enjoy ur cooking! Hav a blessed day :)