|cabbage and peas poriyal|
onion 1/2 (small)
green chili 1
green Peas 1/2 cup
coconut 2 tbs
Asafoetida 1 pinch
urud dhal 1/2 tsp
mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
red chillies 2(small)
curry leaves 4 to 5
salt to taste
oil 1/2 tbs
Shred the cabbage and slice the onion thinly.
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add urud dal and fry till it becomes light brown in color.
2. Add the mustard seeds (it should splutter).
3. Add the red chili and curry leaves.
4. Add the onion and fry it till it turns
5. Now add the cabbage, peas, coconut and asafoetida.
6. Lower the heat and cover the pan (can add a tsp of water if needed) and cook till the cabbage is soft and crisp.
7. Add salt to taste.
Tips to taste:
1. Add salt in the end to retain the color of cabbage.
2. Masala lovers can grind the coconut and green chili and add it to the cabbage.
|urud dal and mustard seeds|
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. If you try this recipe, please comment on it. I like to hear how it came out.