|Warm bunny rolls!|
2 cups all purpose flour/ maida
3/4 tsp yeast
1 egg (beaten)
1 tbs butter
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbs warm, whole milk
1/4 cup warm water
1 tbs melted butter
1. In a bowl, soften the yeast with 2 tbs warm milk(should not be hot) for 5 mins. Mix it nicely with a fork.
2. In a large bowl cream sugar and butter.
3. Add the lukewarm water, salt and egg and beat it nicely.
4. Add the flour and beat till it's well blended.
5. Place the dough in a bowl and cover it with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let it rise (it should double in size). We can store this dough in the refrigerator upto a week.
6. Pre-heat oven to 350*.
7. Turn the flour onto a floured surface, dust some flour if the dough feels sticky.
8. Gently roll it into a log, cut 2" discs from it.
9. Make egg shaped balls with all the discs, place the dough balls on a baking sheet and cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest for at least 3 hrs.
10. For bunny's ear: With a sharp knife, snip the dough on one side of the ball, and leave it hanging like a rabbit's ear (from the wide side of the ball towards the narrow side, refer the photos below). Repeat it on the other side too.
Snip 2" at the right side of the egg shaped dough. Cut from the back (wider end of the dough) towards the front (narrow end) and leave the end on the front attached to the dough.
|snip 2'' of the dough from the middle of the dough ball (opposite side of the ears)...|
|and roll it over from the tip, towards the top to form a ball...|
|cute bunny dough|
|ready for baking!|
|sweet bread rolls!|