1 cup dry milk powder
1.5 tbs rava/ semolina
3 tbs all-purpose flour/ maida
3 tbs ghee (Clarified / melted butter)
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 tbs cream
to make syrup:
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
few drops rose water/ gulab jal
1 pinch ground cardamom
1 tbs chopped almonds
1 tbs chopped pistachio nuts
to deep fry:
1 quart vegetable oil + 1 tbs of ghee for deep frying.
1. Sift milk powder, rava, flour and baking powder.
2. Add ghee to the dry ingredients, now add the cream and make a soft dough.
3. Roll the dough into a ball with ghee greased palms, cover and let it rest for 20 - 30 mins.
4. Meanwhile, heat the water in a pan, add sugar and cardamom stir it till the sugar gets dissolved completely, bring it to boil. Remove from heat and add the rose water.
5. Make small balls out of the dough. Heat oil and ghee in a deep frying pan (med-high), when the oil becomes hot enough (dip a wooden spoon inside the oil, it should get steady bubbles around it), drop 3-5 jamuns in the oil. Reduce the heat to low when the jamuns start to float. Flip it and cook, until they become golden brown.