|thick coconut milk extract...|
1 cup - fresh, frozen or dry shredded coconut
1. If it's frozen, thaw it first. For dry shredded coconut soak it in 1/2 cup warm water for at least 10 mins before grinding.
2. Add 2 tbs of warm water to the coconut, grind it in a blender or mixer, squeeze the milk through a strainer or cheese cloth.
To make thin milk:
Add 1/2 cup of warm water to the squeezed coconut pulp and grind it again and strain it. This milk will look diluted.
To make coconut cream:
1. Keep the thick milk in the refrigerator.
2. The liquid will get separated
with a thick cream on top and thin liquid in the bottom.
3. Scoop out the cream and use the liquid as thin milk in a recipe or blend them together and use the thick milk in a recipe which calls for coconut milk.
|thin coconut milk extract....|