3 full drumstick
3tsp cooked dal
1 s tomato
1 clove garlic
2 tsp ground coconut
1tsp chilli powder.
1small green chilli
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
I used some left over dal which i made for another dish
3-4 tsp cooking oil
1/4 tsp mustard seed
1/4 tsp urud dal
Few curry leaves
4 sprigs coriander leaves
A pinch asafoetida
1. Heat the oil in the pan, add mustard seed after it splutters add urud dal till it turns a shade of brown, then add coriander and curry leaves.
2. Add asafoetida, add the chopped onion and fry it till it becomes golden color, then add the chopped garlic and fry for a min.
3. Now add the tomato and cook for a few mins or till it's done. Add the drumstick/murungai kai to it and fry for few mins.
4. Add the chilli pwdr, turmeric pwdr,dal and ground coconut.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Now add some water, cover the pan with a lid and let it cook in sim till the vegetable is done.
7. If it becomes dry add few more tsp of water to it and check for salt.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. If you try this recipe, please comment on it. I like to hear how it came out.
|Ingredients for murungaikai poriyal|