Translate

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Karunai kizangu varuval (Suran fry)

     I can still remember my mom cutting this odd shaped vegetable with her versatile aruva manai (no knives or cutting boards). As i said before my mom's a great cook, no one can resist her sambar accompanied with karunai kizangu fry. If she packs this dish for my school lunch there wouldn't be any thing left for me to eat. My friends would happily finish this. I cannot find fresh karunai kizangu here. So i'm settled for a frozen one.
suran fry
Karunai kizangu varuva
Ingredients:
2 cups    kizangu/suran
2 tsp      chilli powder 
clove  garlic
1 tsp      turmeric pwdr 
2 tbsp    oil
few        curry leaves
salt       to taste
Clean and cut the kizangu into small cubes. crush the garlic.
Method:
1. Combine all the ingredients except garlic and curry leaves with 2-3 tbsp of water.
2. Cook this veg in masala till it's tender but not mushy.                                                      
3. Drain any excess liquid using a slotted spoon.
4. Heat oil in a pan add garlic and curry leaves. Add the cooked kizangu / suran and fry till it becomes nice golden brown in color and crispy.
5. Transfer it to bowl lined with paper towel. 

Tips for taste: 
  If it's frozen thaw it before cooking.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. Feel free to comment, i love your feedback. Enjoy ur cooking! Have a blessed day :) 
                                        ENJOY:)



                           

                                                                                   
    

No comments: