2 cups *fresh coconut milk
* Grind 1 cup dry/ frozen or fresh coconut with 2 cups of warm water in a blender, and squeeze out the coconut milk from the pulp through the strainer.
2 cardamoms (powdered)
2 cups all purpose flour/ maida
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup rava / sooji/ semolina
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup melted butter/ clarified butter or oil
1 banana (mashed)
1/2 cup raisins (chopped)
1 cup fried cashews (chopped) to garnish
|Coconut milk waffle!!!|
1. Separate the eggs and whip the egg whites till it becomes stiff - (beaten egg whites creates a more fluffy waffle)
2. Add the egg yolks with the mashed banana, coconut milk and melted butter.
3. Dry roast the semolina till fragrant. Mix together: flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, powdered cardamom, semolina and raisins.
4. Pre heat the waffle iron, mix the dry ingredients with the egg mixture and fold the egg white into the batter.
5. Pour the batter into the pre- heated waffle maker and bake it in the desired setting.
6. Serve it with your favorite syrup and garnish it with the chopped nuts.
Tips for taste :
1. If it's tedious to separate eggs, beat the whole eggs for a minute and blend it with the ingredients in step 2
2. To make waffles ahead: Make the waffles in low setting and remove it before it gets brown, cool it and wrap it in a cling wrap and freeze. Heat it in a toster before serving
1 cup water
2" ginger (crushed)
3 tbs sugar
1 whole cardamom
1. Heat water in a pan and add the whole cardamom, tie the ginger in a piece of cheese cloth, crush it and add it to the water.
2. Add the sugar when the water starts to boil, let it boil for ten minutes. Remove the ginger and the cardamom.
3. Serve it warm with waffles or pancakes.
Feel free to comment. I love your feedback. Enjoy ur cooking! Have a blessed day :)